Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 6 - UP of Michigan




Since it was raining yesterday, we plan a trip to Land 'O Lakes, Wisconsin (on the border of Michigan) to go to a lodge that has a swimming pool for Ashley and Fayth (her 2nd cousin) to swim off some energy.

The lodge is definitely North Woods style with heads of bison, bear, elk, deer, porcupine and other forest animals up on the log walls. Ashley tool some great pictures. (Just like her daddy!)

The girls practiced their cannonballs and swam for over 2 hours. I was worn out just watching them! There were no other people in the pool, so the girls had it to themselves. What a blessing! I sat and read a book and spent some good time with my sister.

Home to play Sorry Revenge with the girls as Rod took a nap. Rain makes him sleep!! We spent the evening watching movies and laughing a lot. Steph's dog, Desi (a weinie) makes me homesick for Duke and Bailey, but according to Tom, they are having a good time.

Will try to post some pictures tonight, but my sister's computer is from the "dark ages"!! (Hope I can figure this out!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to get confusing but wouldn't Fayth be her 3rd cousin? I guess the only way anyone would get to swim up there is indoors!